Extensibility of Visual Studio 2005 made developers to write custom tools, aka plugins, making your everyday tasks simpler. Here are few must have tools:
- Visual Studio Add-Ins Every Developer Should Download Now, SmartPaster is very handful
- Create a Debugger Visualizer in 10 Lines of Code: Explains writing debug visualizer. If you cannot read article, downloading binaries and installing the image visualizer would be surely helpful.
- Line Counter
- Opening solution folder, See class definition on MSDN2, Search in Google â€“ All of these available at single right click,
- Visual Studio IDE enhancements: Switch between C/CPP and H files, find document in the Solution Explorer, Cut and copy (plain text only)
- Free SlickEditÂ® Gadgets: Auto-copy selection, Line ruler, Indentation guide
- ZipStudio: Create Zip of you solution with single right click
- Visual Studio 2005 add-in for sorting imports/using blocks
- Resource Refactoring Tool: provides developers an easy way to extract hard coded strings from the code to resource files (donkey work 😉 )
- Refactor! for ASP.NET 2.0 : 25 advanced refactoring tools in one package.
- Foxit – PDF Reader
- TFS – Free Text search in History Objects