Few frequently asked question for ASP.NET developers:
- The Identity Selector dialog box is displayed only for SSL protected pages. Therefore you are required to deploy your application on a Web server and install a SSL Certificate.
- Windows CardSpace does not work with Self Signed Certificates and will die horribly. These certificates do not have CRL field. It contains a URL that CardSpace will check for the revocation list.
- For ASP.NET developers there is Toolbox control written by Christian Arnold. Add this to your Toolbox and you won’t need to write a single line of code. Watch demo.
- When you use CardSpaceLogin controls you must run application over SSL. The application pool also need to be run under Local Systems identify; otherwise w3wp.exe process will not be able to retrieve server’s private key. In such case you may end up with error stating Keyset does not exist. Note: This is not advisory if the application pool is shared with other Web applications. [ Edited: Refer Barry Dorrans comment for more details.]
- When using Information cards there is nothing like passwords.
- CardSpaceLogin controls are integrated with your identify providers such as Forms Authentication. For example: If you use Information Card to register a user, his details are reflected in the identify source.
- TFS – Free Text search in History Objects
- SharePoint: ServerContext not set to an instance