Here are few hacks to use with Google Talk:
- Did you ever wish to run two instances for GTalk? This is possible and plain simple. Navigate to the shortcut that launches Google Talk (if not available, right click on C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe and select Create Shortcut). Open properties. Add /nomutex in the target textbox.
- To keep GoogleTalk always on top: Go to the registry entry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google\Google Talk\Options, create a new DWORD show_pin and set its value to 1. Restart GTalk and you will see a pin near the minimize button.
- To bring all GTalk windows in front press [Win] + [Esc] keys on keyboard.
- To write in bold use *this text is bold* and for italic _this is italic_.
- Coping someone’s avatar: Navigate to %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Google\google talk\avatars\. This directory contains all avatars cached in PNG format (rename them). Search by email in avatar.txt to find your friends avatar.