One of the greatest thing about LG-32LS4600 is Edge LED. Means it’s super slim, and knocking on the surface does not bring distortion (like Samsung TVs) and acts as a protector.
Next, i would give 5 star rating for connectivity options. 2 components input, 3 HDMI and 2 USB ports. Also the placement of 1 HDMI and 1 USB in the side make it truely awesome for quick connect and you do not need to struggle between the wall and TV.
I picked this TV as we do not need Internet/Apps on TV. Other features of this TV are –
- Full HD – 1080p/i: Most 32-inch LED TVs come with lower 1,366 x 768 resolution. The full resolution of the TV is 1920x1080p
- DLNA – It is network ready and Windows Vista/7 can share media files with the TV. I was able to successfully browse shared files on Laptop and play on this TV. However, controlling playback (play/pause/stop) directly from Media Player did not work. There is a LAN port at the back of the TV to connect to sub-network. I was able to connect to Netgear n150 router and able to connect to DLNA server.
- DivX ready – played almost all of my video files.
- Edge LED: This brings better control over contrast ratio. The TV is super slim.
- 3 HDMI, 2 components, 2 USB ports: You can connect your xbox, HD set top box, and a DVD player to three HDMI ports. The USB port is 2.0
- LG’s free installation: LG offers free installation. I called in the morning and they were at my home on the same day for installation. This free installation includes wall-mount only.
The TataSky HD delivers 1080p resolution for it’s ten HD channels.
Price in India: MRP of LG 32LS4600 is Rs 46,000 (listed on LG website) however it is available in retail shops at around Rs 36,000. (At Bajaj Electronics in Punjagutta, Hyderabad I was able to get more discount.) Note: Price mentioned here is indicative only and is subjected to change on manufacturer/retailer’s will.
by Ankit Jain (review on Aug 9)
- Singleton Toast
- Android Interview Questions