How many times you have forgot to write subject of emails you sent through Outlook?? The biggest blunder is Outlook doesn’t show any warning ! Here is a hack/macro for it.
- Open your outlook
- Press Alt+F11. This open the Visual Basic editor
- On the Left Pane, one can see “Microsoft Outlook Objects”, expand this. Now one can see the “ThisOutLookSession”.
- Click on “ThisOutLookSession”.
- Copy and Paste the following code in the right pane.(Code Pane)
- Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean)
Dim strSubject As String
strSubject = Item.Subject
If Len(strSubject) = 0 Then
Prompt$ = “Subject is Empty. Are you sure you want to send the Mail?”
If MsgBox(Prompt$, vbYesNo + vbQuestion + vbMsgBoxSetForeground, “Check for Subject”) = vbNo Then
Cancel = True
- Now save and close the VB Code editor. From now on , this macro will make sure you do not make the mistake of sending a mail without subject.
For Outlook 2007, please refer Codeproject.
- Free Web Hosting : Without Ads